Potassium is an important mineral used in various bodily functions. It is an important factor in the maintenance of the body's acid-base balance and nerve condition, as well as the transfer of nutrients through cell membranes. Potassium is found in a number of foods, including dairy, fish, and other meats, fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Because food processing reduces the levels of naturally occurring nutrients in foods, supplementation may be necessary to insure adequate intake.
Scientific research has proven that:
- Potassium is one of the most important components of body fluids and is the major cation of intracellular fluid,
- Potassium helps in the proper functioning of the nervous and muscular systems – including the cardiac muscle,
- Potassium intake has been on the decrease recently while sodium (common salt) intake has been on the increase,
- Consumption of food with a high content of sodium may contribute to the increase of arterial pressure,
- A diet rich in potassium helps to maintain normal blood pressure.
Recommended especially for maintaining normal blood pressure levels, as well as the correct functioning of the heart, the muscles and the nervous system. It is especially useful for people eating large amounts of salty foods, living under stress, or performing strenuous physical or mental activities.
Olimp Potassium Supplement Facts:
Serving Size: 2 Tablets
Serving Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving:
- Potassium citrate 832 mg
- Including: potassium 300 mg
Other Ingredients: Potassium citrate, microcrystalline cellulose - bulking agent; potato starch; silicon dioxide and magnesium stearate – anti-caking agents.
Olimp Potassium Recommended Use:
As a dietary supplement, take 2 tablets daily after a meal or otherwise after consultation with your doctor.
Shop Olimp Sport Nutrition at Megapump.ie
Images are for Illustration Only. The nutrition facts are based on one particular flavor and were current and accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time they were entered. Some flavors may be different in terms of nutritional information, servings per container, and weight. Please note that manufacturers often change formulas or ingredients without notifying us. Always read the labels, warnings, and directions to ensure it meets your requirements prior to opening or unsealing, using, or consuming a product.